Flynet Viewer Support
How to Work on Flynet Viewer IssuesWhile Flynet Viewer is not produced directly by Inventu, we are a very close partner with Flynet. As part of our partnership, the Flynet Viewer Development Team are active members of the Inventu Helpdesk system and will participate directly on any issue requiring their attention. In addition, the Knowledgebase is shared between the Flynet Online support system and the Inventu Helpdesk, so that both their direct customers and our customers in the Americas share common solutions.
Submitting a HelpDesk TicketFirst, if you haven't already, please read the Helpdesk guidelines before submitting your first ticket.
The basic steps of submitting a Viewer HelpDesk Ticket include:
- Identify the EXACT version and build you have installed-this can be obtained on the main page of the Administrator's Application (upper right). If the service won't start, at least include the timestamp and size of the c:\program files\flynet\Viewer\bin\flyserver.exe file.
- Identify the type of problem - is is a scripting question or connection problem, for example?
- If you are seeing something "odd" in any of the product windows, use the "Print Screen" key to take a Snapshot of your screen, then paste into a Word document and attach the .doc file to the ticket (You may also want to use a screen capture utility like one available from Etrusoft which can produce smaller JPG files).
- Make sure that tracing is active which is a Service setting in the Admin Server Settings Page
- See the attachments table below for useful actions and files you may want to attach to the ticket--remember that any problems involving host protocol issues or scripts that don't work correctly will usually have the Support staff requesting you to send one or more of these files, so you can speed things up by attaching them at the beginning!